Caring for your new tattoo
- Leave on the dry-lock bandage that the artist put over your new tattoo for 1 hour. Take the bandage off when you are in a sterile environment and wash thoroughly with a mild non-scented soap.
- Wash the tattoo 2-3 times daily, let air dry or pad dry with a clean paper towel. Continues for 2-3 weeks.
- Apply a thin layer of non-scented moisturizer. Moisturize the area 3-4 times daily. Continue this for 2-3 weeks. We suggest; Vitalitree Tattoo Salve, Curell Ultra Healing, Nivea, Lubriderm or Dermassage.
- Avoid picking or rubbing of the tattoo area.
- Avoid submerging your tattoo in water during the healing process. Showers are fine, however you do not want to let the water pressure stay on the tattoo directly for an extended period of time.
- Avoid direct sunlight during the healing process. After the tattoo is fully healed apply SPF 30 or higher to the tattoo when exposing it the sun.
Consult a physician if any signs or symptoms develop such as the following: Redness at the site, green/yellow discharge, foul smell, and/or fever.